The MIGHTY MULE 502 Dual Automatic Gate Opener is America's #1 Do-It-Yourself Gate Opener, has NEW commercial features rarely found in a do-it-yourself gate opening kit. This heavy duty, commercial grade unit that is very easy to install. It has upgraded commercial features such as "soft start "and "soft stop" that will extend the life of your gate hardware and gate opener.
Upgrade Kit Includes:
Operator Arms (2)
6 ft. and 40 ft. power cables
(1) Entry transmitters
12 Volt transformer
Receiver with 10 ft. cable
Mounting brackets/installation hardware
Extended warranty form
Customer support card
Warning signs (four)
Features:Designed for gates up to 18 ft long or 850 lbs per leaf
Large control box with room for extra battery and accessories
AC or Solar powered to meet the needs of 100% of the market
Professional GRADE Soft Start / Soft Stop feature increases life of hardware and opener
Designed for gates that open into or out from the property.
12-volt battery backup (included) opens and closes the gate even during power outage.
18 month Limited Warranty
DRIVE• Low friction screw drive (linear actuator) rated for -5 ºF to +160 ºF (-20 ºC to +71 ºC). Use of heater bands on arm and control box will enhance performance in extreme cold temperatures.
• Powered by a 12 V motor with integral case hardened steel gear reducer. Motor speed reduced to 260 rpm. Generates 680 ft. lb. of torque at 12 V.
• Maximum opening arc of 110º. Approximate opening time (90º): 20 seconds, depending on weight of gate.
POWER• The system is powered by a 12 Vdc, 7.0 Ah, sealed, rechargeable acid battery.
• Battery charge is maintained by a 120 Vac, 18 Vac output transformer rectified to 14.5 Vdc (40 VA) through the GTO control board. Blade-style control board fuse is rated for 15 A.
NOTE: The transformer should not be directly connected to any battery. Do not replace fuses with higher ampere rated fuses; doing so will void your warranty and may damage your control board.
• OPTIONAL: Battery charge is maintained by GTO Solar Panel Charger: float voltage of 14.5 Vdc output from a 10-7/8” x 10-1/2”solar panel. Generates minimum of 5 W at 300 mA. A gated diode on the control board prevents battery discharge.
CONTROL• GTO microprocessor-based control board is set for single leaf, pull-to-open gate installations. DIP switches can be adjusted to accommodate an optional kit for push-to-open gates (see Accessory Catalog).
• Control board has temperature compensated circuits.
• A circuit on the control board regulates charging. “Sleep draw” is 25 mA; “active draw” is 2 to 5 A.
• Auto-memorization of digital transmitter code.
• GTO remote-mounted RF receiver tuned to 318 MHz.
• Operator length with push-pull tube fully retracted is 40-1/4” mounting point to mounting point. Max stroke 22”.
• Adjustable auto-close timer (15 to 120 s), and obstruction sensitivity.
• Power terminal block accommodates a transformer or solar panels. NOTE: Do not use solar panel and transformer at the same time.
• DIP switches simplify setup of gate operator.
• Accessory terminal block fully compatible with push button controls, digital keypads, safety loops, etc.
• Control board allows connection of safety edge sensors and photoelectric sensors.
• Audio entrapment alarm sounds if unit encounters an obstruction twice while opening or closing